Monday, December 26, 2016

Review of 2016 Goals

Here are the Goals I set for this past year.


1.     Fills my Walls Journal, maybe using wall graffiti  for spiritual quotes. I didn't touch this journal.

2.     Bind more sketchbooks using the paper that is already torn and binding repurpose $1 library books. I was able to bind 4 books from this paper.

3.     Paint in acrylics & watercolour. In the past I have felt that I should specialize in one medium, mainly at the advise and urging of others. But that really isn't who I am. I get bored and some subject cry out to painted in a certain medium. I painted watercolour, acrylic, and oriental brush paintings.

4.     Revisit Roz’s drawing practice workshop (ie. continue sketching every day). Never got around to doing this but I did sketch alot.

5.     Continue doing oriental brush paintings. This I did do.

6.     Try plein air painting. I only went out once but hope to go out regularly in 2017.

7.     Get more active in LSC and LRA, shows, paint outs, workshops. I was only active in the LCS and rejoined for the coming year.

8.     Continuing working on lettering skills to add to my sketchbooks and maybe make some greeting cards. This I did do.

9.     Log my art hours with categories for creating, medium, exhibiting, club work, reading/research, play. I started this but didn't continue.

10.  Adding a spiritual component to my sketchbooks. I didn't do this in my sketchbooks but did do it in my planner.

11.  Painting from life using my still life set up. This I did do.

12.  Blog This I did do.

13.  Try Gelli printing. This I did do. And had a fun time.

14.  Experiment with different acrylics (soft body, high flow etc).This I did do some and discovered I really prefer heavy body acrylics.


15.  Set up a blog just for IFJM or one that is dedicated to just play and experimentation. It would provide a safe place free from the judgment, comments and criticism from those familiar with my “serious” art. This I did do.

No comments:

Post a Comment