Saturday, April 3, 2021

Bind Weed Flower


A quick sketch in a sketchbook which I hope to completely fill in April. I have always liked this little flower. It reminds me of white morning glory. I believe that the difference between flowers/plants and weeds is the amount of effort it takes to grow them. If they grow easily without human intervention, they are weeds. This sketch is 5x5 inches on less than prime watercolor paper which means the pigments aren't as bright and you can't layer or work back into the paint. People who aren't used to working in watercolor will often skimp on paper, buy a cheap one, thinking it doesn't matter. But I think the paper is even more important to a good finished product than pigments. Of course, I like to use the best of both but most sketchbooks are just that, for sketches not paintings.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment