Wednesday, January 20, 2016

B.F.F.s

Today was the 3rd of six sessions in Catherine Hillis' watercolor class. The 1st class demo was on using rice paper, my carp painting which I haven't finished. The 2nd one was image transfer which I did in my sketchbook but still thinking where and how to use it in a painting. Today was wet into wet. I didn't have any reference photos to use so I grabbed up two etching from 2008 with themes that would work with this technique.




The one I chose to use in class is three long time friends running into the surf, BFFs. Unfortunately, as I was painting a surface scratch showed up in a very bad location. Now I have one or two more prints from this plate so I can try again on one of those. Also I could just move forward on this one by adding more scratches and abstract marks.



Plus don't you think the lady in the blue swimsuit needs a large red flower on her hat?

No comments:

Post a Comment