Thursday, January 28, 2016

Birthday Card

We are pretty much still snowed in and yesterday was a family member's birthday. Luckily I already had his present but lacked gift wrap, bow and card. So I got out my craft stash and got to work. I had enough birthday wrap to make a bow; brown paper I could stamp "happy Birthday" on; but the card was a challenge. This is what I came up with:




Drew Betty from an Royalty free image on the internet onto 90 lb watercolor paper cut her out and glued on card. Use 140 lb WC paper for the card which I did a wash on with my watercolor paints. The words are my own. On the inside I lettered "HOT Birthday" large but wrote "no more snow" in small letters. After all the snow we shovel these past days (the snow plow is yet to be seen) I thought a tropical theme card would be welcomed.

No comments:

Post a Comment