Friday, December 11, 2015

#46 Sugar Pumpkin



Here is my 46th small painting of the 50. It was a sugar pumpkin we received in one of our last local farm share deliveries. This also shows the book I worked in to give some idea of my plan. The book measures 9" x 12" so it was perfect for my 6 by 6 painting and lots of space for notes. The only problem I had was with the tape. My old artist tape worked great but the new roll took of a layer of the support page every time. I tried pre-sticking the tape to my jeans, the rug anything to try and remove some of it's stickiness. Nothing worked. I may use this same idea for my International Fake Journal Month in April 2016 but paint in gouache in the 5" x 8" inch version of this book and not use tape. Hope this encourages others to try a new media.

No comments:

Post a Comment