Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Art Goals for 2016

As with all resolutions I probably have put down more than I can accomplish. But that said, they are things that if I do accomplish will grow my work. Some relate to my serious art, some to just play. This past year I have done some play and experimentation and found that it was fun and refreshing. So here goes:

1.     Fills my Walls Journal, maybe using wall graffiti  for spiritual quotes

2.     Bind more sketchbooks using the paper that is already torn and binding repurpose $1 library books

3.     Paint in acrylics & watercolour. In the past I have felt that I should specialize in one medium, mainly at the advise and urging of others. But that really isn't who I am. I get bored and some subject cry out to painted in a certain medium. 

4.     Revisit Roz’s drawing practice workshop (ie. continue sketching every day)

5.     Continue doing oriental brush paintings

6.     Try plein air painting

7.     Get more active in LSC and LRA, shows, paint outs, workshops

8.     Continuing working on lettering skills to add to my sketchbooks and maybe make some greeting cards

9.     Log my art hours with categories for creating, medium, exhibiting, club work, reading/research, play

10.  Adding a spiritual component to my sketchbooks

11.  Painting from life using my still life set up

12.  Blog

13.  Try Gelli printing

14.  Experiment with different acrylics (soft body, high flow etc)


15.  Set up a blog just for IFJM or one that is dedicated to just play and experimentation. It would provide a safe place free from the judgment, comments and criticism from those familiar with my “serious” art.

No comments:

Post a Comment