Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Four Empties



Put the final touches on this small painting this morning. It is the first one I have done on the Ampersand Artist Panel, smooth finish Value Series. It is 1/8" (3mm) flat, 6" x 6" (15.2 cm x 15.2 cm). This is the first time I have worked on a smooth finish and wasn't sure how it would grab the paint. But to my surprise I really liked the surface. The dark blue bottle in the back was a clear one in my still life set up. When I started painting the clear glass it got lost in the background, thus it turned blue. I really am enjoying this size and am learning a great deal about composition, paint mixing, and acrylics in general. Probably won't have time to do another before Christmas. I need to start an oriental brush landscape.

No comments:

Post a Comment