Wednesday, May 17, 2017

2 Pears

Pear 1

I couldn't sleep so I got up a painted a pear in my sketchbook. I labored really, really labored over this painting/sketch. It shows. There must be 4 to 5 layers of paint on this poor, sad, flat pear. Then I threw out my water, cleaned my brushes and start to go back to bed but I wasn't sleepy yet. So I got fresh water and tried the second of my two pears I bought at the grocery store.


Pear 2

I added more white and yellow to the green on my palette. Both pears were started with a Pentel Brush Pen. On this one I left a lot of the ink showing. Mostly there is only one layer of paint on this pear with a couple of areas having 2 layers. It looks fresher and much more interesting. I was about to give up on gouache after that first pear but think I will force myself to do one paint/sketch with gouache in this sketchbook each day until it is full.

No comments:

Post a Comment