Thursday, May 18, 2017

Goal setting and reviews

I usually set my yearly goal before or shortly after New Years Day of the beginning year. This year I didn't. But our aging dog and family issues took precedence over art. It happens. So now I am trying to get my painting drive back. Those issues still exist but I am trying to make time for some joy in my life which comes from creating. I don't have to create great art, masterpieces or even good stuff, it is just the process of creating that brings joy. Now, I don't mean I don't enjoy having a project turn out well but my true joy comes from the doing. I have been working at trying to fit art back into my life by taking a workshop in person, signed up for a class, and am taking an online workshop. Hoping to get back in a groove and daily sketching and painting but every time I start another issue seems to pop up I need to handle. So maybe starting small, the gouache sketchbook daily will get me moving and help me establish a direction and goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment